Trips and Slips – Accidents in Public Places

Solicitors for Accidents in Public Places

Personal Injury Solicitors near you

Start your claim today

Trips and Slips – Accidents in Public Places Claims

Tripping or slipping accidents in public places happen regularly, especially if the floors are wet or uneven. For this reason, owners, or occupiers of public or commercial spaces have a legal duty to ensure their premises are safe for visitors. Property and business owners must adhere to strict health and safety guidelines set out by the government to comply with this duty. These guidelines cover a wide range of issues, including the maintenance of floors, the provision of adequate lighting, and the removal of hazards such as loose cables or spilt liquids. Failure to follow these obligations can cause accidents that injure or harm visitors. Unfortunately, accidents in public places are still a common occurrence and can result in a range of injuries, some serious, that require medical attention and time off work to recover. In some severe cases, an accident can result in life-changing injuries or be fatal. You may be entitled to compensation if you or a loved one suffer an injury from an accident in a public or commercial space. At the Personal Injury People, we understand how distressing having an accident in a public place can be, affecting not just you but those of your family and loved ones. Speak to one of our friendly team today to find out more about making a public liability claim. If you want to find out if you can make a compensation claim, contact our team for a free, no-obligation consultation to discuss your case. Call 0800 731 7555 or complete the enquiry form to get in touch.

Areas we cover

Claims for Children

Slips, Trips and Falls

Faulty Product Claims

Accidents Abroad

Dog Bite Injuries

How Can We Help?

Public Liability Claims

Have you been injured in a public space such as a shop, restaurant, gym, or hospital? You may be able to bring a claim against the business or organisation responsible for maintaining that space. Your accident could involve everything from tripping over a raised paving stone on the street to slipping on a spillage in your local supermarket. While it will depend on the circumstances of your accident, if the property owner was negligent in keeping you safe, they may be held liable for any injuries or damages you incur. We can also provide specialist advice if your accident happened while you were at work. Visit our accidents at work page for more information. Seeking legal advice from a specialist personal injury lawyer if you are considering making a claim is essential. Our highly skilled specialists at the Personal Injury People can help you understand your rights and guide you through the legal process. Our work is carried out on a ‘no-win, no-fee’ basis and we operate nationally, helping clients across England and Wales with personal injury cases and accidents in public places. If you want to find out if you can make a compensation claim, contact our team for a free, no-obligation consultation to discuss your case. Call 0800 731 7555 or complete the enquiry form to get in touch.

Start Your Claim Today

Frequently Asked Questions

What is a severe head injury?
You can bring a claim against a business or organisation that that has spaces open to the public. Examples of this include shops, restaurants, gyms and leisure centres, local authority buildings, hospitals, the owners of highways and public walkways, cinemas, railways, on public transport or in public parks. An accident may involve tripping over a raised paving stone in the street or slipping on a spillage in your local supermarket, even incurring an injury from a falling object. We can advise if your trip or slip claim is likely to be eligible for compensation and we’ll explain the legal process in a clear an transparent way so that you understand what your options are and how best to proceed with your claim.
How much will it cost?
Subject to a satisfactory Risk Assessment in respect of your case, we’ll enter into a No Win No Fee Agreement. This is also known as a Conditional Fee Agreement. If we enter into a no win no fee arrangement (Conditional Fee Agreement), we’ll finance the case on your behalf. If your claim is won, we’ll restrict our fees payable by you, inclusive of vat, to a maximum of 25% of the compensation you’re awarded. We’ll guarantee that you’ll receive at least 75% of the compensation awarded, subject to the following deductions:
  • After the Event Insurance Premium
  • Unrecovered disbursements
  • Any fees incurred because of your breach of the Agreement
Further information in respect of the Conditional Fee Agreement will be provided within our client care documentation.
How long will it take?
Every case is unique so it’s difficult to give a precise time frame as it depends on a number of factors. If liability is admitted during our investigation into the cause of your injury, the case will be settled significantly quicker than if it’s disputed. Another factor that can speed up a claim is if you return any documentation we send you as soon as possible and respond quickly to any questions we may have. The extent of your injury also has a huge bearing on your case. Generally, the more serious the injury and the long-term implications of it, the longer it may take to fully calculate your claim’s value. We’re also bound by Civil Procedure rules, which allow the defendant’s solicitors time to investigate the circumstances around your injury before they have to respond to us.
What should I do if I want to make a claim?
Starting your claim is easy; just call us on the number above or fill out the contact form and we’ll call you back.

Get in touch with our Personal Injury Solicitors Today

Or fill out our contact form below...